Noticing any weird colors or alignments on this site? Is the navigation confusing? Do certain things fail to load? I’d love to hear about it.
DraggingTheLine.com has been one hell of a long project. The original design was conceived back in October 2011 as a way for me to document a trip to Thailand my girlfriend and I were planning to take a month later, in November (more on that later). Since then it’s gone through multiple revisions as I began to explore new design and development techniques, including LESS, media queries, and commercial WordPress plugins. The current build of Dragging the Line was started in early July 2012 and launched last weekend. Finally. But there’s still work to do. Although I tested this site in all current versions of FireFox, Safari, Chrome, and Internet
Explorer Exploder, I would still like for as many people as possible to please let me know what’s working and what isn’t. Please either leave a comment to this post, or contact me privately using the contact form.
Here’s how you can help test DraggingTheLine.com:
- Browse the site as you normally would and let me know if something seems confusing. For example, I want to know if you had a hard time telling links apart from text, especially on mobile.
- I tested this site on both an iPhone 4s and an iPad 2. How does it look on other mobile browsers? Please let me know.
- I tested this site on Internet Explorer 7, 8, and 9. I only support 8 and above. I know the layout breaks on anything below that and I’m fine with that.
- How’s the load speed? I’m paying an extra $20 a month to leverage CloudFlare’s content delivery network (CDN), and DraggingTheLine.com seems to average between 90-92 on Yahoo’s ySlow speed test. Does it load fast on your end? I’m particularly interested in the mobile experience.
- Please feel free to share any general feedback you have, good or bad. I want to know it all.